SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS ON KLOVHARUN DURING THE OPEN HOUSE WEEK 2020
Due to the prevailing corona pandemic in Finland, Pellinge Hembygdsförening has decided to apply certain restrictions during the open house week on Klovharun.
The cottage is open for the public from Saturday 18 July to Friday 24 July 2020. The daily visiting hours are 12-17. Only healthy, non-quarantine people who do not belong to a risk group are allowed to visit the island.
Two persons only can enter the cottage at the same time. Disinfectant must be used beforehand and afterwards. It is prohibited to touch any items. The sauna and cellar are locked and closed for visitors. The association has a representative on duty all week but guiding is not available to the same extent as usual.
Please refrain from a visit this year if possible and you are most welcome again during the open house week in 2021.
People visit the island and cottage at their own risk.
PLEASE NOTE! Pellinge Hembygdsförening follows all official stipulations and instructions regarding the corona pandemic. Should there be significant changes in these, we will adjust accordingly. Please visit our homepage.
OPEN HOUSE SUMMER 2020
From Saturday 18.7. to Friday 24.7.2020, daily visiting hours 12-17.
Pellinge Hembygdsförening (PHF) has a representative at the cottage during the whole week. A short guiding on Pellinge, Tove Jansson and Klovharun is available on request in Swedish, Finnish or English.
During this week, you can privately visit the island with your own boat or participate in the guided tours (see paragraph “guided tours”). Commercial entrepreneurs, travel agencies, event organisers etc. are allowed to land on Klovharun only by special permission granted by Pellinge Hembygdsförening. Staying overnight is not possible. During other times the cottage is in private use and closed to visitors. Special permissions for visits outside the open house week can be granted by Pellinge Hembygdsförening well in advance. There is no entry fee during the open house week but you are welcome to make a voluntary donation during your visit. The funds will be used for the maintenance of Klovharun.
Before your visit
- If you arrive by boat: bring your anchor along and enough ropes. There is no jetty on the island and landing possibilities are few.
- The PHF representative will instruct where to land. The guided tours have a strict timetable and need to have free access (no boats or anchor ropes) in the small bay. Exact information on timetables is available on the spot.
- Bring with you drinking water, wind-, rainproof and warm clothing and wear steady shoes. The terrain is challenging and the cliffs can be very slippery. The island is not suitable for people with restricted mobility. We recommend that you do not land at stormy and/or very windy weather.
- The maxium group size is 12 people.
- Dogs, cats and other pets are not allowed on the island – not even on leash – due to the nesting birds.
- To preserve the cottage in the best possible way the place can only be visited during one week. This results in high visitor numbers during the open house week and means that you might have to wait for your turn to land or enter the cottage. We ask for your understanding in this matter.
- The island is privately owned and therefore commercial visits are not allowed without the permission of PHF. You are allowed to take pictures, record sound and film on the island for your own personal use. In case you wish to use the material professionally or commercially you should have a permission granted by PHF well in advance and it is liable to a fee. The use of drones is prohibited. For further information you can contact the intendent on pellingeklovharun(at)gmail.com.
- In case you intend to do some shopping at the farm shops etc. in Pellinge, take some cash with you. Credit cards are now accepted everywhere.
- People visit the island (cliffs, bridge and cottage) at their own risk.
- Klovharun is a unique island with a rich and versatile but at the same time partly endangered flora. When walking around, watch your step for birds’ nests, flowers and other plants. Don’t pick anything as a souvenir including rocks. Watch out for ticks.
- Look after your children and tell them to respect nature. Jumping down from the bridge is forbidden. The cliffs can be very steep and slippery.
- Respect other visitors by also giving them a chance to familiarize themselves with the place.
- If you enjoy a picnic, remember to tidy up after the meal.
Please see www.visitpellinge.fi if you want to know what is going on in Pellinge during the summer. Here are a few examples of places worth a visit while you are there::
Farm shop selling locally grown vegetables, self-service, open 24/7, Sundövägen 5, www.sundo.fi.
Pellinge Summer Market
A versatile and very popular summer market open 23.5.-19.9.2020 Saturdays 9-12 a.m. and in July even Wednesdays 5-7 p.m., Sandholmsvägen 162, locally caught fish, fish delicacies, vegetables, jams and cordials, archipelago bread, baked goods, handicraft, flowers and boats. Pellinge Hembygdsförening sells books, maps, post cards etc., some entrepreneurs do not accept card payment, www.visitpellinge.fi
“The place” to meet, a licenced café with a daily menu, petrol station, mini golf, sauna for hire, guest harbour for boating people, open 7 days a week during the summer, Sandholmsvägen 162, www.visitpellinge.fi
A small village shop with a big choice of goods, open every day in the summer, Gamla Söderbyvägen 44, www.soderbyboden.fi
Artist Terttu Schroderus-Gustafsson displays and sells her paintings and post cards in an art gallery by the sea, open Saturdays and Sundays 12-18 during the summer and by appointment Monday-Friday during the open house week, tel. +358 40 705 7461, Eidisvägen 261
Farmer shop Smeds Gunnel
Berry, fruit and cereal products, self-service, open 24/7, Söderbyvägen 330, www.smedsgunnel.fi
Summer flowers, herbs, vegetable plants, tomatoes and raspberries, Bastuhamnsvägen 12, www.nybondastradgard.fi
Pellinge Hembygdsförening’s museum Hörbergsgården open 14.6.-16.8.2020 Sundays 12-15, exhibition with Pellinge photos from past decades, annual midsummer day party at 1 p.m. and children’s party the first Wednesday in July at 3 p.m., Hörbergsvägen 10, www.pellingehembygdsforening.fi