Guided tours during the open house week
Enquiries and bookings: klovharuntours(at)gmail.com.
Guided tours will be arranged during the open house week. The sales of the tours starts at the beginning of the summer and the trips are very popular. On this site, you can check the availability in the calendar where the booking situation is up-dated daily. You can also sign up on the waiting list if the desired trip is fully booked.
The price is 70 €/adult and 55 €/child under 12 years. The duration of the trip is slightly less than 2 hours. Guiding in Swedish, Finnish or English.
- Send your enquiry/booking to klovharuntours(at)gmail.com. Mention the following: name and telephone number of contact person, names of participants, ages of children, the wished guiding language.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the organizer together with payment instructions.
- Pay the amount to account Firma Lisbeth Forss IBAN FI08 4055 0012 1920 49, BIC HELSFIHH, according to instructions given. In the information field of the remittance write the name of the contact person together with date of the trip (e.g. 20.7.2020).
- The booking is binding and must be made by email, the remittance alone is not enough.
- If payment is not settled within stipulated time, the place will be offered to the next person on the waiting list. Always inform the organizer of hindrance, do not just skip payment. The trips are very popular and thus you will enable someone else to participate.
You can now book a guided tour to Klovharun during the open house week 24 – 30 July 2021. Due to the prevailing corona pandemic in Finland, Pellinge Hembygdsförening has decided to apply certain restrictions and recommendations during the open house week on Klovharun.
During the trip, a 1-2 metre distance to other participants must be kept.
The guided tour includes a visit to the cottage with the following restrictions:
- Only 2-3 people or one family can enter the cottage at the same time
- Disinfectant must be used before and after the visit
- It is prohibited to touch any items
- The sauna and cellar are locked and closed for visitors
The tiny outhouse on the island is not at visitors’ disposal. People attending the guided tours are allowed to use the outhouse localted behind the village shop Söderby-Boden, Gamla Söderbyvägen 44, 07390 Storpellinge.
People visit the island and cottage at their own risk.
The tour starts and ends at Sturjan, Söderbyvägen, 07390 Storpellinge
The boat departs from and returns to Sturjan, Söderbyvägen, 07390 Storpellinge. Driving instructions: Road No. 1552 from Borgå to Tirmo, wherefrom ferry to Pellinge. The ferry runs 4 times/hour (timetables www.finferries.fi). Driving distance from the ferry to Sturjan is about 15 minutes. Free parking available.
If the sea is rough, disembarkation on the island cannot be guaranteed. In this case the boat will circle around the island. This does not entitle participants for compensation of the payment to any degree. At stormy weather the trip will be cancelled and the payment will be returned in full.
The island is not suitable for people with restricted mobility and all visitors must be able to move around on their own. Please mention minor restricted mobility when enrolling. People visit the island (cliffs, bridge and cottage) at their own risk.
Dogs, cats and other pets are not allowed on the island.
Wear steady shoes and take along drinking water, sun glasses, a hat, wind-, rainproof and warm clothing (some tours will be driven with a boat without a cabin).