Enquiries and bookings: klovharuntours(at)gmail.com
During the open house week, the association arranges guided tours to Klovharun. The sale of the tours starts on this website during the last week of May. N.B.! We cannot accept e-mail bookings and reservations until the tour timetable has been published on this website. The update has been made when the current year’s dates and times shows in the calendar.
The booking situation is up-dated daily during the time we are accepting reservations. Before making an e-mail reservation, please check the availability in the calendar below. You can also sign up on the waiting list if the desired trip is fully booked. Please bear in mind that we do not offer telephone service. The guided tours are extremely popular and they sell out fast.
The price is 80 €/adult and 60 €/child under 12 years. The duration of the trip is close to 2 hours. The programme includes the boat trip from Styrjan in Stor-Pellinge to Klovharun and back, guiding on the island and some free time for everyone to walk around and inhale the atmosphere. Life vests are provided by the organizer. Guiding in Swedish, Finnish or English.
- Send your booking/ enquiry to klovharuntours(at)gmail.com. Mention the following: name and telephone number of contact person, names of participants, ages of children, the desired guiding language.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the organizer together with payment instructions.
- Pay the amount to Firma Lisbeth Forss, account number IBAN FI08 4055 0012 1920 49, BIC HELSFIHH, according to instructions given. Write the name of the contact person together with the date of the trip (e.g. 24.7.2023) In the information field of the remittance.
- The booking is binding and must be made by e-mail, the remittance alone is not enough.
- If payment is not settled within the stipulated time, the place will be offered to the next person on the waiting list. Always inform the organizer of hindrance by e-mail, do not just skip payment. The trips are very popular and thus you will give someone else a chance to participate.
Please note the following regarding the visit:
- Be prepared to wait for your turn. A huge number of people visits Klovharun during the open house week and queues cannot be avoided especially when the weather is fine. The guided tours have a strict timetable wherefore the queuing system is not applied to these groups. We ask for your understanding and a positive attitude in this respect.
- Only a few people or one family can enter the cottage at the same time.
- It is prohibited to touch any items and pieces of furniture in the cottage.
- The guides coordinate the visits to the sauna.
- When walking around, watch your step for birds’ nests, flowers and other vegetation. Don’t pick anything as a souvenir including rocks. Watch out for ticks.
- Look after your children and teach them to respect nature. Jumping down from the bridge is forbidden. Some cliffs are very steep and can be slippery at times.
- The tiny outhouse on the island is not at the visitors’ disposal. During the open house week there is a small outhouse in Sturjan. In connection with shop visits visitors are also allowed to use the outhouse located behind the village shop (Söderby-Boden village shop, Gamla Söderbyvägen 44, 07390 Storpellinge).
- People visit the island and cottage at their own risk.
Saturday − Friday 22.-28.7.2023 daily departures by boat from Styrjon at 11.30, 13.30 ja 15.30. The trip last almost 2 hours. A total of 21 tours will be arranged during the week (weather permitting).
The tour starts and ends at Styrjon, Söderbyvägen, 07390 Storpellinge
Driving instructions: Road No. 1552 from Borgå to Tirmo, wherefrom ferry to Pellinge. The ferry runs 4 times/hour (timetables www.finferries.fi). The driving distance from the ferry to Styrjon is about 15 minutes. Free parking available.
If the sea is rough, disembarkation on the island cannot be guaranteed. In this case the boat will circle around the island. This does not entitle participants for compensation of the payment to any degree. At stormy weather the trip will be cancelled, and the payment will be returned in full.
The island is not suitable for people with restricted mobility and all visitors must be able to move around on their own. Please mention minor restricted mobility when enrolling.
Dogs, cats and other pets are not allowed on the island.
Wear steady shoes and take along drinking water, sunglasses, a hat, wind-, rainproof and warm clothing (all tours are driven with a boat without a cabin).
Under the heading “Open house week” on this website you will find hints what else to experience during your visit to Pellinge. Have a look at visitpellinge.fi as well for additional information on places of interest.
Rental weeks, inquiries, media visits etc
Lisbeth Forss, intendant